More than Just "buguda-buguda-plink-plink"
- a marimba clinic about four stroke types (full, up, "soppy," and muted/dead) and expression through two means:
1. Traditional Concepts
2. Complete Performance, which includes Inner-Body Movement, accepting and challenging our "Type," and Storytelling through creating and communicating a vivid atmosphere
First presented at TAPS East Coast, 2016.
Shoulder Anatomy: Easing Pain and Furthering Technique through Body Mapping
- a clinic exploring our misconceptions about arm/shoulder structures and how they can affect the sounds we make
- several playing examples are used to demonstrate that the feedback system of body/sound. and how mismapping and tension affect musicmaking
Presented at PASIC 2015
A Kinesthetic Approach to Keyboard Fundamentals
- a clinic/lecture that correlates basics of grip, fulcrum, and stroke to Body Mapping and alignment
- a high experiential component allows attendees to build kinesthetic awareness
- developing kinesthetic awareness in students as a "check system" for learning stages; developing kinesthetic-friendly vocabulary as a teacher, and relating it to other instrumentalists
First presented at Indiana Music Educators Association Professional Development Conference 2017
Handouts and PowerPoints are included for education purposes only.
Please don't steal them; I worked really hard on them. :)